Designed for Your Future in Healthcare Leadership
As an established healthcare professional or physician leader seeking to advance in your career, you want to be confident you’ve chosen the premier Executive MBA program.
One that addresses the unique and rapidly changing challenges you’re facing as a leader in healthcare. One that provides access to global experts in both business and healthcare. One that will help you to apply best practices and tools from other industries. All of this, and it should be flexible, enabling you to balance the demands of MBA-level coursework with your family’s needs and your nonstop professional responsibilities.
The Katz Executive MBA (EMBA) in Healthcare program is designed for you. Whether you’re a payer or provider; a clinician or administrator; or you work in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotechnology industries, the program will equip you to answer such tough questions as:
- How can I help to shape the healthcare system?
- What skills do I need to be prepared for the future of healthcare?
- What tools can I use to manage the quality, efficiency, equity, and delivery of healthcare?
Strategically located in Pittsburgh, the hub of the “eds and meds” economy, and rooted in a strong relationship with leading health system and insurer UPMC and Pitt’s schools of health sciences, the Katz EMBA in Healthcare offers the following benefits:
- an accelerated path to completion, thanks to its 19-month structure
- a blended format of in-class and distance learning, with classes held one Friday and Saturday per month
- practicum experience—solve real problems in your organization
- exceptional networking opportunities with an experienced cohort of physicians and business professionals across the health spectrum
- world-class experts—faculty from Katz and the Graduate School of Public Health, as well as physician and administrative leaders from UPMC, teach the courses, which all have a health-oriented management focus
Start here for an overview of what you should expect as a student in the Executive MBA in Healthcare program: Learn about our approach, what your experience and workload will be like, what resources are available to you, and what you should expect to be able to do when you graduate.
Leverage the combined strength of the University of Pittsburgh and the strategic Pittsburgh location. Complete the program in just 19 months. Take courses online; only come to campus one weekend (Friday/Saturday) per month. Gain health-centric business skills and solve real problems in your organization. Engage with other healthcare professionals and physician leaders. These are just some of the advantages of the Katz EMBA in Healthcare program.
See what makes up the foundation of your EMBA in Healthcare—what classes you'll be required to take, when they're offered, and what you'll learn that you can immediately apply on the job or to your next career move.
View the basic requirements, and get started on your quick and easy online application here. Apply until March to be eligible for the May start.
Tuition and Aid
The Katz EMBA in Healthcare offes an immediate return on your investment. See the cost breakdown, and find out if you qualify for financial aid here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to your most burning questions related to applying to, enrolling in, and pursuing your EMBA at Katz, including application and course requirements as well as opportunities and services available to students.
The EMBA in Healthcare team is here for you every step of the way. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have!