Kick Start Your Career in Business
The Master of Science in Management is a catalyst to a professional career for students with little to no work experience. By combining the foundations of business with practical training and industry connections, the MS in Management prepares students for careers in a broad range of industries or fields.
This one-year program includes core business courses that are aligned to the foundational MBA curriculum. Students complete elective credits that reflect their business interests and a three-credit Experienced-Based Learning course.
Master of Science in Management students are able to select electives from the full Katz master's course catalog or they can subscribe to a track of electives in areas identified as in-demand by employers. Students are encouraged to consider a track; however, it is not a requirement.
Some tracks include:
• Business Analysis
• Corporate Finance
• Human Resource Management
• International Business
• Digital Marketing
• Operations & Supply Chain Management
• Process Management
• Project Management
• Technology, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
Requirements and Courses
Upon formal admission to the Master of Science in Management program, a student must fulfill the following requirements in order to receive the MSM degree:
- A minimum of 30 credits of approved graduate-level coursework
- The appropriate distribution of required core courses and elective courses
- 19.5 credits of core courses are required
- Minimum 10.5 credits of elective courses are required
- Complete EBL requirement: 3-credit project course
- A minimum cumulative quality point average (QPA) of 3.0 (B)
Full-Time MSM students are eligible to enroll for a maximum of 15 credits per semester.
Core Courses (Required total: 19.5 credits)
*Exemption exam available
Elective Courses (Minimum 10.5 credits)
|EBL/Project Course: Consulting Field Project, Applied Behavioral Economics, Six Sigma Theory and Practice or other course approved by Faculty Director||3|