Become a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
The Katz MS in Acounting Program is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliate. This means our curriculum is closely tied to the practice of investment management and is helpful to students preparing for the CFA Program exams. Learn more about the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program.
In addition to taking advantage of this affiliation, interested MS in Accounting students are also encouraged to participate in related professional development activities:
- Katz Finance Club
- Wall Street Prep workshop hosted at Katz
- CFA Institute Research Challenge competition
A number of professional development and student club opportunities are available for students interested in business analytics:
- Katz Business Technology Club
- Katz Consulting Club
- Google Adwords (Fall) and Google Analytics (Spring) workshops
- Business Analytics Speaker Series
- Competitive case competitions and hackathons
Students looking to develop their project management skills may take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Become a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI): PMI offers a student membership for $32 to those enrolled full time in a degree-granting program.
- Join PMI Pittsburgh: The chapter hosts a wide variety of professional development and networking events throughout the year.
- Participate in the CAPM/PMP Exam Prep Workshop, conducted every spring at Mervis Hall
- If you’re a veteran or serve in the U.S. Military, your PMI certification exam—including the PMI-PBA—is covered by the GI Bill.