As a Katz MS in Supply Chain Management and Business Analtyics student, you'll have access to the Center for Supply Chain Management, which offers a variety of opportunities to learn, improve, and hone your skills through events like the Breakfast Speaker Series and annual Supply Chain Management Symposium as well as research projects.
Additional professional development and student club opportunities include:
- Katz Operations Club
- APICS Pittsburgh Chapter
- Katz Business Technology Club
- Business Analytics Speaker Series
- Competitive case competitions and hackathons
Students looking to develop their project management skills may take advantage of the following opportunities:
- Become a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI): PMI offers a student membership for $32 to those enrolled full time in a degree-granting program.
- Join PMI Pittsburgh: The chapter hosts a wide variety of professional development and networking events throughout the year.
- Participate in the CAPM/PMP Exam Prep Workshop, conducted every spring at Mervis Hall.
- If you’re a veteran or serve in the U.S. Military, your PMI certification exam—including the PMI-PBA—is covered by the GI Bill.
BMIS 2501 Enterprise Systems & Integration of Business Process (3 credits) offers students the opportunity to take the SAP TERP 10 Certification exam on the last day of class.
Students earn their Six Sigma Green Belt certification while taking the BQOM Six Sigma Theory & Practice (3 credits) course.