At Katz, we recognize the rapidly growing demand from industry for graduates with business analytics skills. The brand-new, STEM-designated Master of Business Administration with Business Analytics program requires students to complete the existing graduation requirements for both the Master of Business Administration degree and the University of Pittsburgh Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics. Students will immerse themselves in cutting-edge quantitative methods and analytical tools, statistics, data mining, and data-driven decision-making.
Students in the MBA with Business Analytics program must fulfill the following requirements in order to receive their degree:
- A minimum of 63 credits of approved graduate work
- The appropriate distribution of required core courses and elective courses (see below for details)
- Minimum grades of B+ in BQOM 2401 (Statistical Analysis: Uncertainty, Prediction, and Quality Improvement) and B in BQOM 2421 (Decision Technologies in Manufacturing and Operations Management)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
Semester One (Fall) – Semester Three (Summer)
|PER DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
Including BQOM 2401 Statistical Analysis pre-requisite
Semester Four (Fall)
|BQOM 2557 Multivariate Data Analysis 1 (required)||1.5|
|BMIS 2542 Data Programming with Python (required)||3|
Semester Five (Spring)
|BQOM 2512 Advanced Decision Technologies (required)||1.5|
|BQOM 2558 Multivariate Data Analysis 2 (elective)||1.5|
Semester Seven (Fall)
|BQOM 2578 Data Mining (required)||3|
|BQOM 2559 Applied Simulation and Optimization (elective)||1.5|
Semester Eight (Spring)
|BMIS 2588 Database Management (required)||3|
- PMBA students typically earn their degree of 51 credits in nine consecutive terms.
- Successful completion of the PMBA degree with the Business Analytics Certificate requires a total of 63 credits that students can still earn in 9 terms:
- Scenario 1: Take 7.5 credits for any seven terms, and a total of 10.5 credits in any of the other two terms, OR
- Scenario 2: Take 7.5 credits for eight terms, and the remaining 3 credits in any other term.
- It is also possible for PMBA students to earn the MBA degree with the Business Analytics Certificate in more than nine terms so long as permission is obtained from the MBA Programs office.