In order to be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Accounting (MAcc) program or the MS in Accounting and Business Analytics program, you must submit all of the following items:
2. Application fee of $50. This fee is required of applicants who are not currently enrolled at University of Pittsburgh branch campuses and the College of Business Administration (CBA). This fee is not refundable. Please make check or money order payable to the University of Pittsburgh. (Do not send cash).
3. Official transcripts. An unofficial copy can be uploaded into the Educational Information section of the online application. The unofficial copy will suffice for the application review process. Once an applicant is admitted to the program, an official copy of the transcript will be requested.
4. Report of the results of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results may be accepted, but GMAT scores are preferred. When requesting that scores be sent to the Katz Graduate School of Business MS Program in Accounting, the school code you must provide to Pearson Inc for the GMAT is DPZ-M5-58 and to ETS for the GRE is 4657.
5. Two letters of recommendation from persons who have known the applicant in academic or professional capacities (at least one from a faculty member is preferred). Applicants can enter the name and e-mail address of their chosen recommenders in the online application. The recommenders will then receive an automatic e-mail from the online application system, notifying them to complete the letter of recommendation.
6. International applicants must also submit the following: (a) official academic records accompanied by notarized English translations, including diplomas for degrees earned; (b) test scores on the TOEFL, Duolingo English Test, or the IELTS (required of applicants whose official native language is not English even if English was the medium of instruction in the foreign schools attended by the applicant). International applicants should have a score of at least 100 on TOEFL, 125 on the Duolingo English Test, or 7 on the IELTS to be competitive for admission.
All submissions and other correspondence should be addressed to:
Katz Graduate Admissions
Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business
301 Mervis Hall
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
All applicants are responsible for checking their application status by logging into the online application system. Any questions regarding the status of an application should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is wise to do so several weeks before the completed application is due.