Participants in the Enterprise Systems and Integration of Business Processes course gain extensive theoretical knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. The theoretical knowledge is practically implemented and deepened through hands-on exercises using the SAP ERP system. The following functional areas are addressed by the course:
- Automation of Business Processes
- SAP ERP Basics and Navigation
- Financial Accounting Basics
- Management Accounting Basics
- Purchase-to-Pay Processing
- Plan-to-Produce Processing
- Order-to-Cash Processing
- Internal Orders, Fixed Assets, and Enterprise Asset Management
- Project Systems in SAP ERP
- Human Capital Management in SAP ERP
For each functional area, students will understand how organizational, master, and transactional data are used to automate and integrate end-to-end cross-functional business processes. The use of aggregate data, in support of business analytics/intelligence, is also discussed.
This immersion course is designed to prepare students for the SAP TERP10 Certification Exam which will be held at the University of Pittsburgh on the last day of class. Students who pass the exam will receive the “SAP Certified Business Associate with SAP ERP 6.0” credential from SAP, which is widely acknowledged in business.
Prerequisite(s): BACC 2401 Financial Accounting