Welcome to the University of Pittsburgh National Association of Women MBAs (NAWMBA) Katz Chapter. NAWMBA is dedicated to empowering graduate women in business to propel more women into leadership positions in corporate America and to enhance diversity in the workplace.
As a part of this national organization, our chapter strives to bring women together for guest speaker events, lunch and learns, professional and personal development seminars, community outreach and social events, as well as networking events with fellow students, alumnae, faculty, business leaders, and community members.
If you would like to subscribe to our mailing list to stay connected with events and opportunities, please email our president, Kia Kai. Our Facebook group, "Pitt NAWMBA” is also updated regularly with event information so be sure to join if you are interested in event updates.
- Create a network and support system for women of Katz.
- Network with employers and business professionals in the Pittsburgh market and the NAWMBA global network.
- Professional development opportunities through educational workshops and guest speakers.
- Service the greater Pittsburgh area through community outreach and service events with local and international non-profit organizations.
- Create better self-awareness and a network/support system for women to reach out to each other
- Professional development opportunities through educational workshops and guest speakers
- Community outreach opportunities through organized community service events in the Pittsburgh area with local and international non-profit organizations
- Network with employers and business professionals in the Pittsburgh market as well as through NAWMBA’s global network
- Ted Talk Hours: One-hour meeting for members to meet a watch a short TED talk about relevant NAWMBA topics then have opportunity to discuss the topic in an open forum
- Networking Happy Hours: Casual opportunity for NAWMBA members to meet local professional women and other students. We hope to invite different groups of women to these events and also would like to invite a different club each event to broaden the networking opportunities
- Signature Speaker Events: Influential women leaders speak about relevant and common themes while providing "real-world" examples for members
- Volunteer Events: various opportunities for members to work together and give back to the community
President: Kia Kai, KJK108@pitt.edu
Vice President: Deborah Wokpetah, DEW91@pitt.edu
Events Chair: Michelle Bradbury, firstname.lastname@example.org