At Katz, we partner with the academic advising team to provide holistic academic and career advice to ensure you are prepared to add value to your employer on day one.
Working with Career Management
Whether you are seeking a traditional role or are a budding entrepreneur, the Career Management team looks forward to partnering with you. The Career Management Center provides Katz students with numerous resources to support your job search. The timeline for engaging with the Center will vary depending upon the program in which you are enrolled. When working with the Career Management Center you will:
- Review your résumé and complete your Personal Brand Statement prior to matriculation.
- Attend a required meeting with assigned academic and career advisors who will work with you to develop a curriculum and job search plan.
- Complete assessments such as StrengthsFinder and CareerLeader.
- Schedule meetings with your academic and career advisors, as well as the Executives-in-Residence to ask for career assistance.
- Visit the Career Management Center offices for a quick question. These meeting should last approximately 5-10 minutes. Please make an appointment for major topics.
- Participate in experience-based professional development.
- Continually check Career Connection for on-campus recruiting events and job postings.
- Participate in career fairs. The Career Management team will accompany students to many of the national events and facilitate networking with employers.
- Keep your advisors up-to-date on significant happenings with your job search.
Additionally, it is our goal for you to consider your Katz experience a success. Please let us know how we can best assist you to ensure that you walk away from our program having gained the skills you need to be successful in your career.
The Katz Career Management Center provides Katz students with numerous resources to support their job search.
Career Connection: Career Connection is a web-based platform that the Katz Career Management team has customized as a one-stop-shop for our students. Apply for jobs, register for on-campus recruiting, RSVP for club and professional development events, and Connect to CMC and external resources.
CareerLeader: CareerLeader is a fully integrated approach to business career self-assessment built on the premise that your interests, motivators and skills will drive your future career success and satisfaction. Katz requests that each incoming student complete Career Leader and meet with their career advisor to review the results. Note: This tool is specifically for MBA students.
Vault: Vault is an indispensable database of information and solutions for students who are pursuing and managing high-potential careers. Vault prides itself on the delivery of timely and actionable insider information and advice that allows individuals to define and achieve personal success at every stage of their careers.
Executives in Residence
Our Executives in Residence (EIRs) have significant experience in the professional world and are available to offer personalized advising support and career coaching for Katz students. As current or former senior leaders in organizations, they know firsthand what it takes to reach the top ranks in the business world.
Recruiters and Companies
Whether you're recruiting for a Fortune 500 company, a start-up, or an organization in another country, our office takes a customized approach to helping you recruit talent from Katz. You'll find it all here.
301 Mervis Hall